SHOES! SHOES! SHOES! I'm not your typical shoe shopping lover. I HATE shopping for shoes, any kind of shoes. Don't get me wrong, I love me some snazzy running shoes, but I have the hardest time finding a pair that don't cause me to be in pain while I'm running.
I'm way overdue for a new pair of running shoes. So I hit the up the local running store two weeks ago and bought a pair of the Saucony Kinvara 3s. I love the look and the fit, but after a run, the shoes did not like me. They killed my ankles! Surprisingly, my knees didn't bother me in the least. However, back to the running story the Kinvaras went. I'm in serious training mode so no time to mess around with shoes hurting me. After an hour and a half at the running store, I must have tried on atleast 20 pairs of shoes, and the fitting specialist convinced me that the Brooks Dyad 7s were the best shoe for me. The felt okay on in the store, but after a very short run (2 miles) on the treadmill, my feet were screaming at me. My ankles hurt, me feet were going numb, and my arches were sore. Four days later, and my arches still hurt and I haven't even run since then. So they are going back too! Grr...Looks like more shoe shopping for me. Need to find good shoes soon, so I can get them broken in before the Tower of Terror 10 mile race at the end of September.
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
If the shoe fits...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment