I'm not great at it yet, but I'm working at it. I started slowly with alternating between walking and running. I am starting to run longer and walk less. I'm excited about my progress. I've been running five days a week and it's really paying off. Not only am I feeling better being more active, but I've managed to lose all of my pregnancy weight! I have 10 pounds left to lose to make it to my ideal weight. WAHOO!!!
I went out this weekend and bought new running shoes. The sneakers I had were 7 years old and had seen better days. They also weren't specifically made for running and were quite heavy. I slurged a bit on my new sneakers but they feel great while running! I got these and also got the Nike + sensor to go with it. I can't wait to give the Nike + software a whirl. I only have really old iPod shuffle right now, but my father-in-law offered to send me one of his extra iPod Nanos that he has laying around. Hopefully by next week, I will by up and running. (pun intended...hehe)
I found two 5K's in the area that have stroller divisions so I can run with the girls. I'm starting to get pretty psyched about it. The first one is in October and the second is in March. I know that sounds forever away but I'm not willing to run one in the summer. It's just to hot out. This morning at 8:30 it was over 80 degrees out but with the humidity, my Weather Bug sait it felt like 102 degrees. I'm barely surviving my 30 minute run because of how hot it is. I'm hoping that by October it will be a little cooler and I know March isn't too bad usually.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Definately have the running bug!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You need a treadmill in a/c during this weather!
I admire your interest in running. I wish I could like it.
WTG Kerry! That is awesome!
Sounds great Kerry! I've caught the bug myself...in fact, I'm running at 5:30 am tomorrow morning. I have to go very early, before my husband has to leave for work. The Nike+ is GREAT. I hate running without it. Keep with it and you'll continue to improve. I love it!
If you want tips on using the Nike+, let me know. I'm absolutely in love with mine and have no idea how I ran without it. It's the best thing EVER, and if you're motivated by hitting new goals, this thing will completely and totally help:-)
Post a Comment