Saturday, October 3, 2009

I did it!!!

I ran the entire 5K in 34 minutes pushing both girls in the jogging stroller! I finished 15th out of over 40 women in the 20-29 year old division. I was also the first one with a stroller to finish! I was so excited and proud of myself at the end of the race!

The race was great! The first 2.5 miles were nice and flat with a super nice, wide sidewalk/trail. The last half mile got very hilly. Really, whoever mapped the route must have had a warp sense of humor to play such a cruel joke on a bunch of runners. We made it though! The runner behind me thanked me for helping him keep pace and another man running with a stroller congratulated me on being able to do the race pushing two kids in the stroller especially since he struggled with just the one.

I can't wait for my next race! I've signed up to do the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on October 25th! WAHOO!!!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Wow! That is awesome!! Did the kids have fun? :)

Kerry said...

Abigail slept most of it, but Julia had a blast! She was chanting, "Go Mommy Go!" and enjoying the scenery.

MamaBear said...

congratulations! that's an amazing accomplishment! you rock!

Dani said...

AWESOME! Congrats, that's a terrific time!